York University’s Knowledge Mobilization Unit is excited to announce the start of the graduate student internship competition as part of the Knowledge Mobilization for Climate Change Project.
The goal of this project is to make York climate change research and expertise more accessible to policymakers, so that academic research can better inform municipal level climate change decisions. The project is engaging the City of Toronto; the Regions of York, Peel, and Durham; the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA), and the Association for Canadian Educational Resources (The Gateway Project). This project is generously funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
- There are a total of five internship placements, each valued at $10,000 (before deductions)
- One internship (York Region) will take place from March to June 2011. The 4 remaining internships will take place in Summer 2011 (May-August).
- There is one placement each with the Environment and Policy offices of:
- The City of Toronto (toronto.ca)
- The Region of Durham (durham.ca)
- York Region (york.ca)
- Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (trca.on.ca)
- The Gateway Project
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Graduate students (Masters and PhD) currently enrolled or graduates who have fulfilled all degree requirements after January 1st, 2011.
- For the York Region placement, only recent graduates are eligible to apply (please see job description for further details)
In order to apply, please send your resume and covering letter to:
Knowledge Mobilization Officer, Office of Research Services
416-736-2100 Ext 44310
Candidates are allowed to apply to multiple placements. Please indicate which placement(s) you are applying to in the body of your application Email. Candidates are strongly encouraged to prepare separate covering letters for each placement application. Interns will be expected to complete a two-page report at the end of their placement. Interns will also receive training in clear language writing and design.
The deadline to submit applications for the York Region placement is Monday, February 28th at 4:30pm. The deadline for the four summer placements is Friday, March 4th at 4:30pm. For more information, please contact Andrei Sedoff at the coordinates provided above.
You may access the job descriptions by clicking on the links below:
- The City of Toronto
- The Region of Durham
- York Region
- Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
- The Gateway Project
All applicants are also encouraged to attend the York University Climate Change Policy & Research Day. Full event details may be found here.