Knowledge Translation & Solutions Coordinator – One Year Contract
Parachute is seeking a Knowledge Translation & Solutions Coordinatorto join our team in a one-year contract role. Thisindividual will be responsible for the project management, development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of a variety of research and knowledge translation initiatives, includingprograms, within Parachute. You will act as the first point of contact to a variety of internal and external stakeholders as well as a central resource to assist with building capacity related to injury prevention knowledge translation and exchange at Parachute.
Parachute is Canada’s national charity dedicated to injury prevention. Our mission is to create a safer Canada by preventing serious and fatal injuries through evidence-based solutions that advocate and educate. Our visionis A Canada free of serious injuries, with Canadians living long lives to the fullest. For more information, visit www.parachutecanada.org
- Conduct regular reviews of current publications for research that could impact and/or influence Parachute’s information, positions.
- Provide support to various internal stakeholders (e.g. communications and marketing, fund development) to ensure all Parachute information and activities are evidence based and correctly referenced.
- Manage projects including developing work plans, monitoring deliverables, and creating reports. scheduling, planning, organization, budget overview, coordinating logistics, research, evaluation and knowledge transfer.
- Act as a catalyst for communication and information sharing.
- Identify process improvements to ensure a consistent and effective service is provided.
- Understand the unique needs of each program and follow through to ensure they are met.
- Address client inquiries made via email and telephone.
- Maintain relationships with major stakeholders, government agencies, ministries and funders, by acting as main point of contact.
- Support and provide training for KT to internal stakeholders.
- Represent, participate and/or present at external events such as conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Support the KT Management Strategy within the organization’s KT Framework.
- Contribute expertise to grant and funding applications.
- Contribute to fund development by providing research and information on program options. Compile reports for funders and/or provide status updates.
- Act as media spokesperson.
- Maintain organizational subscriptions to journals and other publications.
- Serve as the liaison to organize participation of groups of stakeholders, manage the communications between and among these groups.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- University degree in public health, social sciences or related field
- Knowledge Transfer Professional Certificate or commensurate training an asset
- Fluency in French, written and spoken, an asset
- Two-to-three years of related experience
Posting Date: January 31, 2019
Closing Date: February 14, 2019
How to apply: Apply directly online with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.