$66,726 – $68,061 a year – Full-time, Contract
Knowledge Mobilization Specialist – Champlain Community Support Network
Contract Position – 18 months
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Knowledge Mobilization Specialist is responsible for building and enhancing the capacity of agencies to strengthen services and improve outcomes. The Knowledge Mobilization Specialist will have expertise in implementation, knowledge exchange, data literacy, and evaluation and will apply their skills in communication, adult education, facilitation, data analysis, and project management to facilitate recommendations.
The Knowledge Mobilization Specialist plays a key role in accomplishing the strategic goals and implementation of the regional action plan focused on fostering evidence-informed practice and processes and supporting the application of knowledge in practice, and will develop and deliver blended programming including instructor-led training, eLearning and other print and digital formats in collaboration with agency members and subject matter experts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in health or social sciences, evaluation, knowledge mobilization, or an equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Five to seven years of professional experience in program/project development, implementation, monitoring and assessment/evaluation
- Strong knowledge in practice implementation, knowledge exchange and mobilization, data analysis, and evaluation
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to meet timelines and deliverables, and ability to manage competing priorities
- Critical analysis, problem solving, planning and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in remote locations
- Demonstrated skills in group facilitation and adult education
- Ability to work within a consultative model with demonstrated experience in working with diverse interdisciplinary stakeholders at frontline, senior manager, community
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of health systems, community support services, seniors’ health
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, spoken and written.
- Ability to communicate fluently in French, spoken and written, an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required, including $2 million in liability insurance
- This position is located at 740 Belfast Road
Starting Salary Range: $66,726.00 to $68,061.00
Please submit your resume by 4:00 p.m. on Friday August 17 2018 via email to:
Janice Weir People Services Manager
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court, Kanata ON K2L 4H7
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of resumes received, only those applicants selected for further consideration, will be contacted.