*DEADLINE TO APPLY EXTENDED TO AUGUST 3RD, 2018*
We are seeking a 0.80 FTE Knowledge Translation (KT) Specialist to assist in the TRAIL lab, a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team investigating ways to enhance the inclusion and participation of children and youth with disabilities in the Bloorview Research Institute at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. The KT Specialist, reporting to the Principal Investigator and collaborating with other research staff, co-investigators and external partners, will help develop and execute our KT plan (e.g., developing evidence-based toolkits/simulations for youth, clinicians and employers) for our project ‘Enhancing healthy and productive work for youth with disabilities’ (funded through a CIHR-SSHRC partnership grant). This position has potential for renewal depending on performance and funding.
- Collaborate, consult and advise team members, project working group and partners to lead the refinement and implementation of an evidence-informed iKT plan
- Lead execution of the toolkit development workplan, identify new opportunities for dissemination and support evaluation needs
- Oversee environmental scans and literature reviews and systematic reviews, as needed to inform toolkit development and other KT products
- Identify opportunities and develop content for additional KT product s (e.g., toolkits, workshops, webinars, websites, infographics, policy briefs), as needed
- Identify opportunities and actively promote KT products to raise awareness (e.g., social media, partner sites, project webpage etc.)
- Recommend strategies to foster use including evaluation activities related to knowledge translation products, as appropriate
- Showcase work through high quality oral and written presentations
- Stay abreast of best practices in KT to inform activities
- Foster stakeholder engagement and positive working relationships with project partners throughout all stages of work
- Liaise with Evidence to Care (Hospital’s KT hub) for KT guidance, as appropriate
Formal KT training is an asset as is prior experience with development of creative KT products and tools.
For more details, and to submit your application (cover letter and resume required), visit: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2044872