You may have noticed something new about the Research Impact Canada website… Over the past few months, we’ve been hard at work developing a new look! With the help of adHOME Creative we’ve given our website and brand a refresh.
We’ve expanded our color palette in a bold new way, re-organized our content more intuitively, and created a searchable repository of tools and resources to help guide you on your journey in research impact and knowledge mobilization.
Here’s what you can expect to find on our new site.
Learning – The learning tab is intended to guide individuals who are new to the world of knowledge mobilization. We’re currently still building out the content for this section – here’s what you can expect:
- Getting Started – This page will contain beginner friendly guides that introduce essential skills for knowledge mobilization
- KMb Course – We’re in the process of developing freely accessible online e-modules, each focused on a specific skill important in KMb. Take a look at the modules we’ve released so far – Accessible & Inclusive Event Planning and Infographic Design for knowledge mobilization.
- Webinars – Research Impact Canada often hosts webinars around topics in knowledge mobilization and research impact. Recordings from these webinars can be found here.
Research – This tab contains content specifically focused on research impact.
- Journal Club – A monthly series that aims to make evidence on knowledge mobilization (KMb) more accessible to knowledge brokers and to create online discussion
- Case Studies – This could be you! We’re currently building out content for our repository of case studies. Do you have a great example of research impact in action? An incredible knowledge mobilization project that you think deserves more attention? Contact us about being featured.
- RIC Award – The RIC Engaged Scholarship Award for Graduate Students recognizes graduate students that conduct research projects following engaged scholarship principles that lead to increased awareness of audiences beyond academia. The next round of applications is now open – until Feb 28.
KMb Forum – Research Impact Canada is pleased to once again be hosting the Canadian Knowledge Mobilization Forum. This biennial event provides opportunities for professional development, learning and networking for those interested in knowledge mobilization, translation, and exchange. CKF22 will be taking place online from June 13-17th. Our call for content will be launching shortly!
Resources – We’ve curated a toolkit of resources dedicated to planning, learning about, and fine-tuning your knowledge mobilization skills. These span topics such as dissemination, impact assessment and evaluation, stakeholder engagement, and strategy. The search function allows you to view resources from our entire site – including reports, tools, webinars, and guides.
About RIC – Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we make it happen. You can view our annual reports and other important documents in this tab.
- Membership – Learn more our 22 member institutions and what knowledge mobilization looks like to them. In the future, we plan to continue to showcase the amazing work that our members are doing. On this page you can also learn about the benefits of being part of Research Impact Canada, and how your institution can join.
Blog – If you’re reading this, you’re already here! We’ve re-categorized our Blog to showcase Announcements (updates, upcoming events, job postings, etc) and Perspectives (editorials, informational-posts, and think-pieces). The ‘Featured’ section showcases posts that we’re particularly proud of, while Archived will show you older content – over ten years of it!
We’d love to know what you think! Please have a look around our new site. If you catch any errors or have suggestions for how we can improve the user experience, we welcome your feedback. You can let us know using this form or send us an email at email@example.com.
We’d like to send a special thank you to all the Research Impact Canada members who contributed their time and input to help us design our new look, review content, and test our website.